Monday, July 29, 2013

41 days...

Time is ticking away...41 days until the Chicago Half Marathon!

Training is slow, but I'm working on it. I'm still babying this ol' knee of mine, but I will make it. 

I decided to do a bake sale to help boost my fundraising efforts. Of course, due to the nature of the cookies, I had to limit it to my local area only. To date, I have made 6 dozen chocolate chip cookies and 3 dozen cinnamon raisin cookies. A quick shout out to those who have supported my bake sale: Julie, Kim, Kimmie, Juan, Candace, and Enid! Thank you so much! If you're wondering what kind of cookies, they are based on the Giant Vanilla Bean Chocolate Chunk Cookie by paleOMG.com. I use Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips instead of the chunks in the chocolate chip cookies. For the cinnamon raisin, I use almond butter instead of sunflower seed butter, raisins instead of chocolate chips and add a little extra cinnamon. I like to think of it as a pseudo-oatmeal raisin cookie.

In case any of my local peeps are reading this, you have until August 3rd to request cookies...

In other news, I managed to go to Texas Roadhouse and not eat one of their rolls that they bring out when they sit you at the table. Gasp! I know, I don't know how I did it either. I had just had a cheat meal two nights earlier, so I guess the bread craving just wasn't there. At any rate, I was very pleased with myself. It was probably due to the fact I was explaining my eating habits to my friend that I was having dinner with, as I had yet to eat a meal with said friend. You can't really say "I eat Paleo" and then pick up a grain based roll and slather it with cinnamon sugar butter, can you? I try to eat clean/Paleo, whatever you want to call it, 80-90% of the time, but once a week I still feel I need a treat. If I allow myself more than one treat/cheat meal a week, I fall off the wagon and it is ugly. I have such a love-hate relationship with food. One day at a time... Wondering what I did eat for dinner? I had the 6 oz sirloin-medium rare, with steamed vegetables and a plain sweet potato. YUM!

Also, special thanks to my friends and family for your generous contributions! Hugs and love to you all!

Before I really start rambling about nothing, I will close for today. Thanks for reading!   

No comments:

Post a Comment