Friday, August 9, 2013

29 days 12 hours 47 minutes...

...until I make my feet and legs carry my body 13.1 miles in Chicago, IL. 

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little scared, but I'll be okay. Maybe scared isn't the right word, overwhelmed maybe? I don't know. I am positive I will start and finish, I just don't know how much time will be in between the start line and the finish line. Only time will tell...and well a couple of practice runs over the next few weeks. 

It's my weekend off and I spent last night with my mom and step-dad celebrating my step-dad's birthday (and mine too) with a nice dinner out. I love it when I don't have to cook. It was a quick trip to San Diego, as I've had plumbing issues at home, but I also needed to restock my baking supplies so I can finish up my bake sale orders. Remember a couple of posts back I mentioned the bake sale? Well, I baked 6 dozen chocolate chip cookies and 3 dozen cinnamon raisin cookies last time. This weekend I will bake 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies and 5 dozen cinnamon raisin cookies! Yes, that's 17 dozen cookies! Special thanks to Dr. Dan, Rita, Julie, Nichole and Jen for supporting me in the second round of baking!

With the bake sale proceeds and direct donations to my fundraising page, I have raised over 50% of my goal for Project HOPEFUL, NFP! :)

OK, enough writing, time to get something done this weekend. Besides baking, I need to prep food for work next week and take care of some clutter in my house...it's going to be a long weekend...I may need to treat myself to a movie at some point as well.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment